Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Zucchini Corn Cakes

I needed to use up some fresh corn so I dug around online and found a recipe for corn fritters which I adapted to make these yummy corn cakes. My kids loved them dipped in ranch or ketchup, but Andrew and I preferred them with a little sour cream and peach chipotle salsa or Harry & David's Charred Pineapple Relish!

1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
fresh ground black pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter melted
2 cups grated zucchini
1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels

In a large bowl, stir together flours, baking powder, cumin, sugar, salt, and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and butter. Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir in zucchini and corn. Heat a large skillet and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Pour batter in 1 tablespoon portions onto griddle and cook as you would pancakes.

No comments: